Family Wellness First - 033
Pathways Issue 14 Now Available, Research Study
The E-newsletter for Parents to Make Informed Health Care Choices
If you cannot read this newsletter, please visit: www.icpa4kids.org/wellness/0033.htm to access it.
Newest Pathways Issue Now Available
Issue 14 is hot off the press and available for purchase. If you want to have access to a the best compilation of Family Wellness resources, subscribe today!
Here are some of the latest articles:
- "Alternative" Therapies Now Mainstream for Many Families
- The Value of Authentic Vinegar
- The Webster Technique
- Re-valuing Free Play
Read more about the new issue here: www.pathwaystofamilywellness.org
Subscribe here: www.pathwaystofamilywellness.org/subscribe.html
Purchase back issues here: www.pathwaystofamilywellness.org/backIssues.html
An Invite for Mothers of Three Year Olds:
What Makes Your Three-Year-Old Unique?
As a mom, you're the expert on your child, and today your expertise can make a unique contribution to increasing our understanding of what makes three-year-olds the way they are, while you have an opportunity to look at your child through different eyes, which can be both enlightening and helpful in day-to-day parenting.
You are invited to participate in a doctoral research study that will allow you to do just that, and later to receive a summary of the results that may provide further insights into your child and family dynamics. You will also be entered into a drawing for a $25.00 Amazon.com gift certificate and a subscription to Pathways magazine as an expression of appreciation for your participation.
Who Can Participate?
Mothers of three-year-olds who meet the following criteria:
- You were over 18 at the time of giving birth to this child (Currently 36-47 months of age).
- Your baby was born vaginally (not by cesarean) in an American hospital.
- You did not lose a baby (miscarriage/abortion/stillbirth) immediately prior to her pregnancy with this child.
- You did not use street drugs or alcohol following confirmation of the pregnancy.
- Your child was not born prematurely (under 37 weeks) and/or low birth weight (i.e. less than 5 pounds 8 ounces)
- There were no significant medical complications for you or your baby.
- You were in relationship with the father of this child at the time of his/her birth and are still in relationship with him.
What Do I DO?
If you meet the criteria above, just click on the link below or copy and paste it into your browser. Before beginning the survey you will be provided with an informed consent page giving more details about your participation in the study. http://tinyurl.com/ys2jse
How Long Will it Take?
The survey will should take you about 20-30 minutes to complete. It will run for two weeks.
Do You Know Other Moms Who Might Be Interested In Learning More About Their Three-Year-Old?
Please forward this invitation to other mothers, mailing lists and message boards: the more participants, the more reliable and valuable the results of the research.
Thank you in advance for helping me with my research. If you have more questions about my project, please feel free to email me at
Claire L. Winstone, M.A., Ph.D.(c)
Jeanne Ohm, DC
I.C.P.A. Executive Coordinator
If you are receiving this newsletter, someone added your name to our list.
Please fell free to forward it. Family Wellness First comes to you as a courtesy of the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association in collaboration with the Holistic Pediatric Association.
To find a doctor of chiropractic in your area who supports your right to choose health care for your families, visit: http://www.icpa4kids.org/find.htm
To find a holistic practitioner in your area, visit: http://www.hpakids.org