Écrit par Pathways Magazine
01 Juin 2004
What’s a Mother to Do?
- Make sure your children have daily exposure to the healing rays of the sun.
- Gradually expose your children to the sun’s rays—especially in the summer months.
- Avoid sun exposure during the strongest hours of the day: between 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- Be aware that snow and water intensify sun radiation, so adjust exposure accordingly.
- Use clothing, hats, sunglasses and umbrellas to decrease the amount of direct exposure.
- Carefully select sunscreen products that have natural, mineral based ingredients, are free from synthetic sun ingredients and are safe, non-toxic, preservative free and bio-degradable. Where do you find mineral-based sunscreens? Check out your local health food store. Other sources include Lavera Natural Cosmetics, (www.lavera-usa.com), and Natural Health Newsletter recommends www.colorscience.com.
- Titanium dioxide and zinc oxide are two ingredients which act as physical barriers that reflect UV rays and may be less problematic in terms of absorption.
- Increase your child’s omega-3 levels and decrease the typically overabundant intake of omega-6 fats. Today, many advocate the use of “alternative lights,” such as full spectrum lighting. Replace traditional fluorescent lighting with full spectrum lights in places where your children spend a lot of time. Suggest to your schools and day care centers that they follow suit.
Much of this article was excerpted from an excellent book called The Skin Cancer Breakthrough Program by Kurt Greenberg with permission. To order this book and a special cream he developed to reverse and prevent damage from the sun visit Sedna Health Products: www.sednaproducts.com.
Also visit Kurt Greenberg's website: www.kurtgreenberg.com to read exceptional articles and hear interesting interviews on other health issues.
Other sources are by Lavera Natural Cosmetics: www.lavera-usa.com
Where else do you find mineral-based sunscreens? Check out your local health food store.
This article appeared in Pathways to Family Wellness magazine, Issue #02.
To purchase this issue, Order Here.